Have you ever been unimpressed by the food at the dining halls? We’re here to save you by discovering delicious recipes that can be made in the comfort of your dorm with locally sourced ingredients from the dining halls. Our first meal is tomato soup with grilled cheese. Bon appétit!
Tomato soup ingredients (serves 2):
A heap of tomatoes, preferably chopped
A scoop of chopped white onions
10 packets of butter
Just a drizzle of half-and-half (because #healthyhabits!)
1 cup of water
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1. Melt the butter in a pan.
2. Pour the tomatoes and onions into the pan. Then, add water.
3. Wait for the tomatoes to cook.
4. Continue waiting.
5. Mash the tomatoes with a fork to help the tomatoes cook.
6. Realize the tomatoes will never cook down to a soup. Add half-and-half so there’s actually liquid in the soup!
7. Decide that this is actually a recipe for chunky tomato soup.
8. Add salt and pepper.
Grilled cheese ingredients (serves 2):
4 slices of bread
Heaps of cheese
2 pumps of mayo
1. This is a grilled cheese sandwich. You’re in college. You should know how to make this by now.